THE CURRICULUM AND TEACHER SUPPORT SECTION operates under the mandate of the Centre for Curriculum Assessment and Teacher Support (CCATS).
Curriculum planning, design and development
- Developing, monitoring and reviewing of the National Curriculum for all state schools from Early Childhood to Secondary
- Developing teaching learning programmes and other instructional resources in line with the National Curriculum Framework
- Managing and coordinating curriculum development projects including in-house and outsourcing initiatives;
- Selecting and evaluating ready- made materials for schools.
Providing school support
- Monitoring and evaluating curriculum implementation in collaboration with curriculum leaders in schools.
- Organising in-service workshops for teachers and curriculum leaders in collaboration with the Seychelles Institute of Teacher Education (SITE) and other partners to ensure the effective implementation of the curriculum
- Assist in continuous professional development of teachers in partnership with other stakeholders.
Essential Learning Areas of the National Curriculum
Technical and Vocational Education (TVE)
Personal, Social and Citizenship Education (PSCE)
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Physical Education and Health
National Curriculum Framework 2013
Seychelles Early Learning Framework 2015Attainment Targets Primary 2015Attainment Targets Secondary 2015