The mandate of the Ministry of Education is derived from Article 33 of the Constitution (1993) on the Right to Education: "The State recognizes the right of every citizen to education and with a view to ensuring the effective realization of this right undertakes-
The Portfolio Responsibility of the Ministry
The overall mandate of the Ministry of Education in accordance with Articles 33 and 34 of the Constitution, and in line with the provisions of Education Act (2004), and Tertiary Education Act (2011) and related policies is:
The Ministry of Education consists of the Minister's secretariat, and two departments:
- Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Education (ECPSE),
- Tertiary Education, Policy Planning and Administration (TEPPA).
It also has oversight of three Public Service Bodies:
- Seychelles Qualifications Authority (SQA), 2005
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC), 2012
- Institute of Early Childhood Development (IECD), 2014
The two departments consist of six divisions as follows:
Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Education (ECPSE),
Tertiary Education, Policy Planning and Administration (TEPPA).