For the delivery of the majority of its courses, ALDEC uses the facilities of other institutions, namely:
The National Institute of Education (NIE)
Courses of the Literacy Programme are offered free of charge. Candidates who intend to follow other courses must pay tuition fees.
Prerequisites for other subjects offered at ‘O’ Level are as follows:
1. ‘O’ Level Economics, Accounting, Business Studies, Physics and Chemistry:
Minimum ‘D’ for English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level/IGCSE Extended or the equivalent at S5 National Examinations.
2. ‘O’ Level Art: S4/S5 or equivalent in English and Art.
3. ‘O’ Level Computing: Minimum ‘D’ for English Language and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level/IGCSE Extended or the equivalent at S5 National Examinations. Candidates must be computer literate.
4. ‘O’ Level Psychology and Biology: Minimum grade ‘D’ for English Language at ‘O’ Level/IGCSE Extended or the S5 equivalent at National Examinations and S5 equivalent in Mathematics.
5. ‘O’ Level History and Geography: Minimum grade ‘D’ at S5 National Examinations or equivalent.
6. ‘O’ Level English Literature: Minimum grade ’D’ for English Language at ‘O’ Level/IGCSE Extended or the S5 equivalent at National Examinations.
1. Tuition fees range from SR300 to SR600 a term depending on the course and are subject to change.
2. Each payment has to cover the full tuition for a term and must be settled prior to the commencement of each new term as per regulations of the Centre.
3. Candidates may not progress to the next term until tuition fee for the term is settled.
4. Fees paid at ALDEC Head Office, Ministry of Education and Youth. In the case of Praslin and La Digue Fees are paid at the respective school.
This applies to candidates following courses leading to International Examinations. Fees are paid upon registration for exams and this normally within the first week of May. Information regarding dates for registration and payment is communicated to candidates via respective instructors.
Payment is made directly to the Examination Section of the Ministry of Education and Youth. Praslin and La Digue candidates need to settle examination fees through ALDEC.
For international examinations, certification is by international bodies upon successful completion of the course.
For local courses, an ALDEC certificate of successful completion is given for certain courses. For others, a certificate of attendance is issued by ALDEC.
For further information please contact ALDEC.
Telephone: 283283 Ext. 3274/3275.