To develop and enhance a national qualifications framework that elevates and recognizes competencies whilst promoting quality education and training.
A credible, valued and efficient organization which, as custodian of a high quality national qualifications framework puts the needs of learners at the centre of an open, responsive and integrated qualifications system which recognizes their competencies and enables them to develop to their fullest potential.
The overall mandate of the Seychelles Qualifications Authority, a Category 2 Budget Dependent Public Body, in line with the provisions of the Seychelles Qualifications Authority Act (2005) and related regulations and policies, is to develop and implement a National Qualifications Framework with a view to:
- Promote the quality and standards of education and training through a system of accreditation, validation and quality assurance;
- Ensure comprehensiveness in the recognition of learning and qualifications attained in the country, while ensuring parity for occupational qualifications;
- Establish criteria for, and monitor the process of, recognition of competencies outside formal education and training;
- Promote and regulate the development of qualifications based on unit standards which are linked to the workplace and society requirements;
- Promote a more integrated approach to education and training, increase articulation of qualifications, and mobility of learners within a coherent and integrated learning system considering the need for both national and international portability.